Monday, December 7, 2009

The Nutcracker

I cheated a little this weekend. Morgan's performance as a soldier in the Nutcracker was this weekend. She has been practicing for months, and was so excited and I was already feeling bad about not being there for her - I just could not miss it, so I broke out and I am so glad I did. The bedrest bandit and I paid for it a little the next day but completely worth it. I was careful, just sat and watched and left a little early to go back to the car so I wasn't on my feet. She was so cute and so excited. Bill brought her roses and my brother and sister in law sent her a beautiful floral arrangement and she was certainly the queen for the day. I did get to do her hair and makeup and it was just so exciting. The performance was so festive, it put us all in the Christmas spirit - a little... She actually told me she would have been very sad if I didn't go, so it made it that much better that I did.

Saturday morning Abbi had allstar soccer tryouts and she just found out this morning she made the team. Yay Abbi!!! I always feel guilty when I can't take them to practices, but I know it won't be that much longer in the realm of things.

Yesterday we woke up late (oops) and Bill brought all the Christmas decorations in but since I can't decorate they are still sitting there. At least they are inside now so the girls know we have good intentions. Bill took off in the afternoon to go up to his friends farm for a few hours for some much needed alone time I think. He was running both kids in circles all weekend, and we all need so much from him right now that I think just a few hours of quiet time was needed.

Nothing much today, just hanging out feeling Michael do flips and trying to convince him to turn. I am amazed at how active he has become considering I feel like I swallowed a big water baloon. He must be getting a little bigger...

No comments:

Post a Comment