Wednesday, December 23, 2009

Bah Humbug...

I am really trying, but, I cannot lie and I am ashamed, but I am not feeling the Christmas spirit right now. I went to the doctor today and she went over what to expect next week and I reminded her that I am a big chicken when it comes to needles. My oldest daughter was with me and she made certain to let her know that I was in fact, not exaggerating. I mentioned to her again that I had not ever had an epidural and that my only induction went very fast. She said it would likely go fast this time as well and that I can decide when I start labor if I want to go natural or get an epidural. I am all for medication and comfort as long as it does not involve needles. She did not do another ultrasound, so I am just hoping he is not breech again, but if he were, the delivery would be the same so I am trying to be ok with that. I know with the excess fluid, we are already facing possible cord prolapse and then the obvious heart and trisomy issues, again - praying and hoping for a safe and peaceful delivery. Next week at this time, I will not be pregnant...

No comments:

Post a Comment