Monday, October 26, 2009

One week later

One week and I have learned so much about Trisomy 18 - more than I really ever wanted to know.

The genetic counselor should call sometime today to give us the final results on the type of Trisomy he has. It is either full, translocation or mosaic. Mosaic has the possibility of having fewer problems, translocation means we are carriers and it is the least likely and full trisomy 18 is the most common. I am not sure I can hear her voice again without feeling ill and she is kind and calm but it is just really upsetting to me my doctor would not feel like talking with me and then just keeping my regular appointment as if this is no big deal. This falls in the pretty big deal department for me.


I have been waiting for about a year for a big contract of mine to close and today after over a year, I got word it is closing this week and somehow I do not feel much like celebrating.

No comments:

Post a Comment