Friday, November 13, 2009

Our Night in the Hospital

Well I went in to my appointment and my blood pressure was pretty high (bottom number 100 or over - that apparentlly is not good)so I was taken to labor and delivery and I got to spend the night. My liver enzymes are not right and I am waiting to see about potential protein in my urine. They proceeded to give me steroids to prepare his lungs for a potential brief greeting. I am scared to give him back. He is kicking and pretty happy inside his world right now and it breaks my heart to have to deal with reality. Again I do not know how to pray, what to think or how to get ready. My poor husband is exhausted. He drove to his grandmothers funeral and had to rush back from Tennessee to help make these unfair decisions. My mother dropped everything and is here taking on the mommy role (please pray for her and the girls). I will keep you posted - they are talking about sending me to another hospital but we shall see. If we can hang on for another week it may make a difference in seing his eyes - I am not sure, I know it is not up to me now, so just pray or send positive thoughts that he does not suffer and neither do the girls. I can not ignore the pink elephant (or blue in our case) anymore...

3 comments:

  1. I love you so much, Jo. I promise I won't cry when I talk to you anymore ;-) okay - that's not true - but I appreciate you so much sharing your heart like this in a blog. You are experiencing things that no one ever should - and the way you are expressing yourself is so beautiful. Like you said, all of this is part of his life and your time with him - as painful as it is, what a treasure it will be to have in the future when you are remembering him. (((((HUGS))))) and prayers and wine on your behalf ;-), etc. xoxoxo

    ReplyDelete
  2. Beautiful writing that shows your strong and loving character. I found out about this from Steph. You remain in my thoughts and prayers.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Thanks you guys - I really appreciate you right now. Dave and Steph, hold your babies and Steph we can cry every once in awhile : ) I think that is part of being parents, we just have to remember that happy stuff outweighs the sad stuff. HUGS and prayers right back at ya!!!

    ReplyDelete