Tuesday, November 10, 2009

Hurricane Ida

Hmmm... It is a Florida "snow day" and I did nothing today. Most everything was closed due to the Hurricane and we live in Destin FL. I have a cold, so I stayed in bed and called banks (for work) and researched Trisomy 18 much of the day. I have not learned anything new - other than the same old same old...it is lethal and incompatible with life, really not much hope out there. My blood pressure has been all sorts of fun today and the only thing I seem to be able to do to control it is bedrest. It got up to 149/123 which actually even scared me, but tonight resting it is down to 125/85 not great, but better. My poor husband is in Tennessee with the 2 little girls for his grandmothers funeral. I really wanted to be there for them. I know he is sad, it was so hard to tell the girls. They are so confused right now. Their grandmother just died and they know their new baby brother is going to die and that is so hard for us let alone them. My prayer now is that God's timing is perfect. I want the holidays to be magical for all my girls and yet I have this desire to protect Michael as long as I can but I can not burden the rest of my family - these are certainly tough decisions and if only someone could just appear and give us all the "correct answers" to life - nope that is out of the question.

My entire family was here for the weekend and it was such a great weekend. We talked and we cried and we talked some more. They are praying and supportive and I know this is hard on them too, which makes my heart break... I love them and need them more than they will ever know. I am blessed.

No comments:

Post a Comment