Wednesday, November 18, 2009

Michael's Hat


My husband just brought this package into me and inside was Michael's hat. This has been an obsession of mine for over a week now. I have had the scouters out looking and we just could not find it. Well low and behold, this wonderful woman named Kathleen made him one, make that two because we just are not sure how big his head will be and it is perfect! My husband smiled and although I realize this is difficult on him on so many levels, he is trying so hard to be supportive but I could tell he liked it. Few things are going to be perfect enough for such an angel.

For reasons beyond me, sometimes this just happens, but I just ran through this in my brain - going home without him. How am I going to do that? I really, really hope I don't have a C-section now. Can you imagine giving birth, having your baby die and having to stay on the maternity floor or even in the hospital at all? When he goes, I really want to go too. I don't want the funeral home to come get him and then I have to stay. When I was in the hospital last week, the lady next door was screaming (just like in the movies) and then I heard the baby cry and don't get me wrong, I was happy for them, but I kept thinking, that's not going to happen to me... My hospital plays rock a bye baby over the intercom every time a baby is born, what will happen when Michael is born? Ok, so perhaps I have had too much time inside my head today.

No comments:

Post a Comment