Friday, February 12, 2010

Goodbye Doctors

Well this week was my official, last doctor appointment and I had to take a few days to digest. I am not sure how I feel yet. I still do not have the pictures back from Now I Lay Me Down To Sleep, and that is kind of weighing on me for some reason, but honestly I know they will come at some point, but because they were there I can't help but be anxious. It is really all I have left and I want to make a memory book, but I can't until I have pictures...

My doctor was very kind this week, she asked if we were going to try again and I told her I was scared. We obviously wanted Michael, and I obviously do not want to replace him. The genetic counselor assured us we are not carriers and the chances of a male trisomy 18 baby not miscarrying were very slim, which is the proverbial lightening strike. Well, I have some thinking and praying to do...because lightening scares me...

2 comments:

  1. Hi Jodi,

    I am the Programs Assistant for Now I Lay Me Down to Sleep. I can assist you in finding your photographer for the images if needed. Please email me at shana@nilmdts.org if you'd like help. We do allow our volunteers up to eight weeks to deliver the images to the family.

    All my best,
    Shana

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks Shana - she is wonderful and just lost her grandfather. She has been in contact with me and I am not upset with her, just excited/anxious. Thank you though, I love your organization, just amazing, I can not tell you how important you all are. Thank you!!!

    ReplyDelete