Wednesday, October 13, 2010

Tomorrow is another day...

So today was quite a day - some days will be this way, but today was hard for a very strange reason.  I write this only because I swore that I would share my journey and this journey is not over.  May be one day my journey will help someone even if it is a little then I am helping my little man fulfill one of his purposes because I am certain he had a few ; )

It is time for me to go to the doctor - my regular OB/GYN doctor.  Now this seems pretty normal, but as I look back and remember last year I realize I have not dealt with some of my feelings.  I have some bitterness towards my doctors.  We chose comfort care for Michael - meaning no extraordinary measures were to be taken and I was pretty high risk because of my blood pressure and excess fluid he was creating because he was not swallowing well.  I just never felt very important given what was going on and I know they have a very busy practice but I called a few times and it would be days before anyone would return a call.  They never did my glucose test or any non stress tests.  Now, I will grant you I was certainly a little sensitive, but it was kind of like he wasn't going to make it anyways so really I was wasting their time.  She quit doing ultrasounds and although normally I could understand, I knew from another friend of mine that was carrying a baby with similar problems she did an ultrasound often for her, so it was maybe a little jealousy but it was all I had.  Even after Michael was born I had a migraine for a few days and called to see if they could help and no call back for several days.  If ever I have felt unimportant - it was then.  Whew! Ok perhaps I am harboring a little teensy resentment...

So today I needed to make an appointment and I decided it was time to change doctors...  I picked up the phone a dozen times, but everytime I went to make that call my fingers would not work.  Tomorrow is another day and tomorrow my fingers will work...



Thanks Shannon for my picture from A Walk to Remember!

1 comment:

  1. Hi Jodi.

    I know that this has been such a difficult week for you...month...year. While the rest of us "move on" the pain of your loss is always there. And as you so poignantly described in a previous post...the sting might dull, but the hurt is still there.

    And now, the OB/GYN visit. I think a change of doctors might be good for you...good mental health medicine, if you will! I just read another blog (Enjoying the Small Things) about one mom's inability to go to the hospital to help some girlfriend's celebrate the arrival of new babies. (Her daughter was born with Trisomy 21...a shock to her as no soft-tissue markers were ever indicated.) She explained that she is totally excited for her girlfriends to have babies, and that she is totally in love with her almost-one-year old gift, but the painful memories from "that place" where her world was forever changed have not been dealt with.

    Anyway, just letting you know that I'm thinking about you.

    Blessings,
    Valerie

    ReplyDelete