Monday, May 10, 2010

Happy Mothers Day!

and it was...  I know I post less frequently as I do have a new blog I am posting on fairly regularly, but it is not so personal.  It is "Little Things Along the Emerald Coast" and I am doing this primarily to capture my family and how pretty it is where we live, so if you are still reading and you get a moment please pop over there and I would love it if you would follow because I am fairly sure my husband thinks I have  lost my mind...  Sometimes he is occasionally right, but it is fun anyways. 

Now out of my three girls obviously the oldest, is in graduate school and understands more than anyone and the 2 younger ones though, it is still painful, but they talk with me and Morgan my youngest (that is still kind of strange - because I feel like Michael is the youngest, but you get the point) always says Michael sends her signs and they are in the form of a heart (because he had a problem with his heart).  I think this is very sweet.  Last night at dinner, she found a heart : ), she finds heart shaped rocks ALL the time and leaves, you name it.  I have to say, she is either more observant or right, but regardless I love that she feels this connection.

This was her strawberry at dinner.

A leaf she found in the rain forest in Peurto Rico...

Another leaf she found...

Now I can not get Morgan's personality across very well, but she is extremely persistent and these are just three photos - IF I had my camera with me on many other heart conquests I could literally fill this page up, I love it.  I also got a lot of pots full of forget me nots, many hearts and one with M for Michael all over it and they took me fishing which was so pretty.  I will post pictures of that on my other blog : )

On a sad note another baby has been lost to Trisomy 18.  Morgan brought me home a hand written story I will attempt to tell.  This little guys name was Joshua and Joshua's sister is in Morgans classroom.  Same teacher, so sad and bizarre.  2 - Trisomy 18 babies lost to two little girls baby brothers in the same year, same class and same teacher.  Most Trisomy 18 babies are girls so it is even more coincidental.

Here it goes ~ I am spelling the way she does as well :

5-4-10
Dear mommy,
Today Bethany came back with pictures of her brother his name Joshua.  She showed them Mrs. Carroll, I asked if I could see them she said yes.  I said that looks like my brother.  Mrs. Carroll asked if I got to hold Micheal like Bethany held her brother. I said yes, Mrs. Carroll said that's a special moment.  Then we went back to our seats.  Sense she sits close to me I asked her if she knew what the disease was called? She said full trisomy 18.  I said thats exactly what my little brother had.  She asked what his name was?  I said Micheal.  Then I asked what her brothers name was she said Joshua.  She also said her mom is still sad.  She also said they got model magic and ink to make footprints and handprints Model magic to make foot presses. Ink to make prints.  She also had an ornament.  I asked if she got it from string of pearls she said no she got it from the store. the end.

5-4-10 (I found this in her back pack)
Today is a very good day.  Even though I heard about Bethany Cause I know I'm not the only one who had it happen to there little brother at least not the only one I know.  I also finished an art project in art class. We had sloppy joes at lunch they were yummy.  Are you glad you got to hear about the booms on the radio this morning. Did you have a good lunch with meme? Did you see the booms yet? the end

Apparently she has a lot going on in her little head - trisomy 18, the oil spill and sloppy joes : ) I love my children.  Please pray for Joshua and his family, it is so hard those first few months especially.


2 comments:

  1. Jodi . . . touched my heart reading about Trisomy 18 through Morgan's point of view. I know her experience with Michael makes her a most special friend for Bethany right when she needs it most. So special, sweet and poignant . . .
    Victoria Miller

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thank you Victoria, I really appreciate it, I am still so shocked 2 babies in one year in the same school let alone same room - we live in a pretty small town, so it is especially unexpected. I am so glad they have each other, but I just found out little Joshua's funeral was today.

    ReplyDelete