Thursday, June 2, 2011

Happy Birthday!

I have to say having a rainbow brought with it many emotions I was not sure how to deal with.  We are over the moon in love with this little guy and I am not taking any of it for granted I promise.  I am pretty tired and not complaining because he is here, he is healthy and we are blessed.  His sisters are over the moon in love.

His daddy likes him a little too...



Now to my defense, things did get a little bananas...  I went to my regular appointment and my blood pressure was pretty high so my doctors decided to induce me a few weeks early.  I checked in and pitocin was started around noon.  His heart rate dipped a few times but oxygen was added and I turned on my side and all was well. His birth was very peaceful and he came out screaming!!! Music to our ears.  My sister in law had just picked up the girls from school and they all walked in a few minutes before he was born, it was just perfect timing.  We went home a few days later and my blood pressure went through the roof a few days after that and I ended up back in the hospital.  That was hard on everyone.  I am still on blood pressure medicine, but I am being slowly weened off.  Trey is doing well.  He does not sleep for long periods of time, but we are smitten and I will sleep in a few years.

4 comments:

  1. Forgive me for not visiting sooner? I didn't realize you delivered your precious bundle!

    Congratulations. I am over the moon excited for all of you.

    Enjoy him! The time goes by so fast. Hope you are doing better with the blood-pressure issues.

    Blesings,
    Valerie

    ReplyDelete
  2. Jodi!

    I am absolutely estatic! I am so happy for you. The picture of your 3 girls with your new man is absolutely beautiful. I am so happy I don't know if I should laugh, cry or just in general freak out :)

    A lot happens with a rainbow. So many emotions that you have to deal with... And not just now, but for a long time. I'm still going thru it 16 months later. That said, I wouldn't trade my wee wonderful man for anything.

    Enjoy your family. I hope your personal health stabilizes quickly - and yes, you can sleep in a few years... just not right now!

    My heart is absolutely overflowing and exploding with happiness for you.

    Julie

    ReplyDelete
  3. Jodi...
    James was the same way in the beginning. It was almost like it was a "test" to see if I had the patience!! He now sleeps much more!

    He is just gorgeous....definitely going to be spoiled!!

    I love that our rainbows can help heal our other children...the really do!

    ReplyDelete
  4. I have followed you for a long time, and I am so incredibly happy that you have your adorable rainbow baby. I hope your health stabilizes quickly and you enjoy the newest member of your family.

    Patty

    ReplyDelete