Wednesday, December 29, 2010

Happy Heavenly Birthday Michael...

Today is filled with all sorts of emotions.  I am happy to report our newest addition looks very healthy - with no markers whatsoever.  This news coming right on Michael's birthday is really bittersweet.  It is hard to imagine that one year ago today Michael was still alive and I was in labor at the hospital.  I can honestly say not a day goes by that I do not think about him.  I am not always sad, but I would be lying if I did not say that today I am sad and that I miss him.  He is with God and I know we are all part of a bigger plan, but it is hard to  imagine he is in a better place and yet, I do know that he is. But the mother in me would prefer to be the one taking care of him.  I was out looking at a property a few months ago and looked out and saw a little angel in this cloud... Can you see it?


I just love it so Happy Birthday little man!!!

Then I walked in from having a minor little teary breakdown (just a little one...it happens) and my front doorbell rang and it was this from my brother and sister in law... Michael's Godparents - we are so blessed!


Isn't it just beautiful ( more tears and they are both happy and sad tears - mostly happy believe it or not, because they remembered ) .  So tonight we are planning on setting off a firework in his memory and the girls love that.  We were going to release balloons, BUT we cannot do that because we live on the water and sea turtles eat balloons and that would not be a good thing, so fireworks it is!!!


1 comment:

  1. Thinking of you Jodi!

    I don't know what it is about Micheal's birthday, but I cannot keep you and yours out of my mind.

    Love that you did a firework. Little boys love that kind of thing!!

    ReplyDelete