Friday, March 5, 2010

Disappointment

OK, so I have to admit, it is strange, one moment I think I am ok and then something seemingly small will happen and I realize how distant a memory Michael is becoming for many. Not for me... Now I Lay Me Down to Sleep is such a wonderful organization, but my experience has made me sad. I counted on them to take pictures, so I didn't really take any and it has been over 2 months now and I don't have pictures or a fun slide show : ( After sending several emails I just got an email back tonight from someone else telling me I will have pictures in a few more weeks. I know things happen, but as medical bills pour in and people continually move on (business is business) this is just one more reminder of how seemingly unimportant our journey is or was to many. Perhaps my expectations were unreasonable, but when you are expecting something like pictures of your baby that is dead, gone, it feels like we were just forgotten. It is a volunteer group, so you can't really complain? We had three photographers and I suppose I just don't understand, or maybe I fear more disappointment...

6 comments:

  1. I'm so sorry you havent' gotten your pictures yet. We don't know each other, but please know that I know your journey is important. I know Michael is important, as was his short life. Hoping and praying you get your precious pictures soon. I can't wait to see them.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thank you so much : ) I appreciate it. Sometimes I think I am talking to myself, but I am much better today. I was disappointed yesterday and missing him. Thank you for the comment, you really made my night.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Jodi,
    I'm sorry you're having a bad experience with NILMDTS. Our photographer was amazing. She took the pictures Sunday afternoon. I emailed her on Wednesday to ask if I could have just one for the funeral (which was on Friday) She sent me three and apologized that she couldn't do more, but that it was a super busy time for them. I had all of them by the following week. If I were you I would definitely let the national organization know about your experience. I realize the photographers are doing it for free, but it really shouldn't take this long. I hope you get them soon.
    Joan

    ReplyDelete
  4. Jodi - I do check in from time to time to see your blog and when you mentioned medical bills it really struck a cord with me. It will be 2 yrs in April that we lost our little boy and our bills are now paid off. You are right ... everyone seems to forget but I can say that our family hasn't. He is brought up at least once a week plus we visit his grave every week religiously. That's where our boys practice their prayers. Next month we will send balloons to heaven and have a cake here at home. Something small so our boys remember. Just know you're not alone. Do hope you get your pictures soon - so priceless. The hospital did take pictures for us which was wonderful. Gayle

    ReplyDelete
  5. you are never alone and michael is never forgotten... when your daughters were in my truck the other day i opened the center console and one of your daughters saw the packet of forget me nots and very simply but in her way said " those are michaels." i said that yes they were and i have been saving them to plant in the spring. she smiled and that was that.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Jodi,
    I just wanted you to know that I think of you and your family often. I've been reading your posts... following your up and down days...
    You were on my mind a lot during the end of February as we approached Michael's original due date.
    It seems like it is always the small things that catch me off guard and knock me down - typcially on days where I'm thinking I'm doing really well.
    Know you, your family, and wee Michael are in my heart.
    julie

    ReplyDelete