Saturday, April 23, 2011

We are getting close...

Well, we are certainly getting close - I go to the doctor on Monday and I keep expecting the other shoe to drop.  On one hand I am ready, on the other I am scared to death.  Weird I know.  I am scared of the obvious, that he will die, I am also afraid (because we did not test) of chromosonal problems.  This is a true concern of mine for many different reasons, but he is measuring the smallest so far of all my babies and we are having weekly ultrasounds at this point.  His femurs are measuring a little more than a week behind the rest of his body, but really that is his only "marker". 

My last appointment - my doctor (whom I really like) told me that they want to induce me at 39 weeks if I do not go into labor on my own this week.  Ok, I initially thought, but then he told me why.  I put on my big girl panties and I heard him, but I really do not like to put on my big girl panties because sometimes they are not very (ehh hmmm) comfy.  Anyways, he told me given my advanced maternal age, coupled with my hypertension and my mthfr gene mutation - "well, sometimes those babies just die at the end". Really? Could you not candy coat it a little bit???  I know, I know, but sheesh!  He also told me that I am running a rish of having a c-section this time if the induction fails.  Ok, he is just a ray of sunshine huh???

So please say a little prayer for a safe delivery and for me to go into labor on my own, because I am a little neurotic anyways this time : )  and Happy Easter!!!

7 comments:

  1. I appreciate your doctor being honest, but it would have been nice if he could have worked on his delivery a little bit.

    You will definitely be in my thoughts this week, you and your wee man.

    Julie

    ReplyDelete
  2. I will definitely keep you and your little guy in my thoughts. I have been following your blog for a long time and wish you nothing but the best. I will keep checking back, hoping to hear awesome, amazing news!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Jodi-

    Ive been reading your blog for some time now, but have never posted. I admire how much faith and courage you have shown with Michael and especially your two girls.

    I was in your shoes last year, and understand the heartache you feel. I, too, am a mother of two beautiful daughters and a fantastic husband. Although my diagnosis was different (holoprosencephaly, hydraencephaly and diaphragmatic hernia), I understand the sadness and loss you carry with you.

    It has been little more than a week since you last posted - so my prayer for you is that everything is well and you are enjoying you new sweet boy.
    Blessings-
    SB

    ReplyDelete
  4. Any news to share? Sending love.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Thinking of you and hoping all is well...

    Trisha

    ReplyDelete
  6. I'm hoping that no update means you are busy taking care of your new wee man... Hope all is well.

    julie

    ReplyDelete