Saturday, November 20, 2010

My head is working overtime...

So I had to share a moment - yesterday I had a busy day at work and then of course as every mother knows my day really begins when my children come home from school, so the day began at 3:30.  Morgan walked home from the bus stop and brought me a flower from Michael's tree down the street. I love that it reminds her of Michael and I have a bowl full of flowers now as well as the tree my brother grew for me so I will always have Michael's tree with me.  This is the time of year it blooms.  Abbi gets home a little later so Morgan and I jumped on the golf cart to buzz down and surprise her and pick her up (the stop is about a block from our house).

Anyways, we then proceeded to the waffle house for dinner (I know, I know... but they have waffles for dinner, yum!) which I may add is always some source of entertainment for me.  I can't help it, but something always strikes me as funny when we go to the waffle house, so I digress for just a moment.  Yesterday at dinner Abbi told me her sprite tasted awful, like fizzy water minus the syrup, so we told the waitress and mind you Abbi is sick (on antibiotics, but still sore throat and boogers to boot), so the waitress without hesitating picked Abbi's drink up and took a big swig and said ewww you are right and brought her a new one.  Seriously, that really happened and all of our eyebrows were raised, AND I am still laughing a little this morning. 

Then we headed over to Michael's the craft store and I proceeded to have a breakdown in the store.  Yes I did and it took me until this morning to put it all completely together.  No it is not the name, it is that time of the year... it was Christmas, I really missed all the Christmas hoopla last year, because I was on bed rest and we specifically waited until after the Holidays to have Michael to avoid associating it with the Holidays for the girls, but apparently my brain does not work the same. 

The point is I have some issues to deal with and I would be lying if I did not tell you as I was being neurotic, I could not help but worry about every possible thing that could go wrong with this pregnancy - from cord issues to trisomies to brain development to kidneys - so while I know God is in control and I know all of this, but my head is working overtime right now so stay with me as I have a doctors appt. Wednesday and we may actually after all find out the flavor of this baby. 

4 comments:

  1. Jodi,

    I am so excited for you! Some how, I missed your Nov. 14th post. So...CONGRATULATIONS, I am over the moon with happiness for you.

    And, you are not being neurotic...just normal. This would have been a difficult holiday season for you and your family without the new-pregnancy-hormonal stress. Just take each day in stride and lean on those ladies at ivillage (where I first discovered your blog!).

    If I were to to do it over, I would not have done the 1st trimester screening either. It came back so high for Trisomy 21 and caused me nothing, but angst. I finally had to make a decision last February/March that I was going to love and accept whatever the outcome of my pregnancy would be and I was going to enjoy the experience along the way. Easier said than done!

    Anyway, congrats again on your Rainbow Baby!

    Blessings from the Heartland,

    Val

    ReplyDelete
  2. OH MY GOSH! I was just thinking of you and Michael and came to check on your blog and I have to say CONGRATS on the rainbow baby. Miracles are amazing. I know exactly how you are feeling and worring about the new baby. There wasn't a day that went by with Oliver that I worried if something was going to happen - even after the tests, we did choose to have the 1st tri. screening.

    And I'm glad you posted about having a hard time with Christmas coming (Ok that sounds bad, Not glad you're struggling, but happy to find someone else who can relate, that's really what brought me over here). This week a year ago we did the testing and found out Abby had T18 too. The next 5 weeks are going to be a struggle for me, even though I have my rainbow healthy and safe in my arms. I was wondering how you were dealing with this time of year too. I remember you reaching out to me last year when my world came down.

    I just wanted to let you know that I'm thinking of you and Michael. You're not alone. If you want to talk, I'm here :)
    Jen (mommy2peanuts)
    cjgieser at hotmail. com

    ReplyDelete
  3. Just hoping all went well at your doctor's appointment. Anxiously awaiting good news. Sending love.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Oh thank you!!! I am such a sporadic poster now - my appointment is the 28th... Thank you for reading, that makes me so happy : )

    ReplyDelete